Blogs and Reviews
Galveston Island is a beautiful, historic beach destination known for its great weather all year round. There are plenty of things to do in Galveston that promise to send your stay into Overtime, which is what makes our charming little island so diverse and special.
Here’s a list of 25 activities to consider:
• Stroll The Strand in historic downtown Galveston, known for its charming Victorian iron-front buildings that house boutiques, shops, restaurants and more!
• Play at the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, featuring thrill rides, midway games, food and entertainment.
• Explore the glass pyramids of family resort Moody Gardens. Here you can tour through a living rainforest replica, one of the largest aquariums in Texas and check out cool exhibits in the Discovery Museum.
• Marvel at the beauty of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace with a tour of this majestic historic mansion.
• Splash into fun at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, known for the best indoor water park in the world!
• Enjoy the eclectic flair of Galveston’s culinary scene. Need suggestions? Check out our Galveston Island Food Guide.
• Take a walking/biking tour of the Galveston Tree Sculptures, beautiful sculptures created from trees destroyed during Hurricane Ike.
• Tour or watch a live show at The Grand 1894 Opera House. This gem of a theater has no seat further than 70 feet from the stage.
• Visit LaKing’s Confectionery to see its master candy maker make saltwater taffy the old-fashioned way. Don’t forget to grab some goodies for the road!
• Love the beach? We've got you covered with 32 miles over sandy fun stretching from East to West!
• Tour a retired oilrig at the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum.
• Walk aboard the 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA to see how sailors lived more than a hundred years ago!
• Search family immigration history at the Texas Seaport Museum. Did you know Galveston was second in immigration to Ellis Island?
• Visit the 1895 Moody Mansion for a tour of this gorgeous home, which has been restored to its turn-of-the-century splendor.
• Explore the history of pirates in Galveston at the interactive museum Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast, and get spooked at the Haunted Mayfield Manor – Texas’ only year-round haunted house.
• Learn about locomotive history at the Galveston Railroad Museum, boasting one of the largest restored railroad collections in the southwest.
• Learn about Galveston’s history and the worst natural disaster in U.S. by watching The Great Storm documentary at Pier 21 Theater.
• Take an African-American Historic Places Tour and discover many of the African American firsts that happened in Galveston!
• Peruse the many art galleries located on and surrounding Postoffice Street – just a few blocks from The Strand. After stopping in Rene Wiley Gallery, be sure to grab a beverage at MOD Coffeehouse next door.
• Hit the green and play a round of golf at the Moody Gardens Golf Course.
• Visit Rosenberg Library – the oldest public library in Texas.
• Have a relaxing stay at one of Galveston’s many resorts, hotels, beach houses, condos or bed & breakfasts. Sometimes sleeping in is what vacation is all about!
• Make a spa date at any of Galveston’s luxurious spas.
• For sure entertainment, catch a show at the Island ETC Theater.
People don’t need to conduct a thorough research to give evidence to the unavoidable and damaging effects of pollution, which resulted from the constant use of combustion engines. A multitude of people already suffered from its consequences and experienced being suffocated because of the fumes expelled into the atmosphere by a huge number of vehicles every day.
However, there are certain ways that can minimize the effects of exhaust fumes from the combustion engines, and those involve the crucial role of a proper exhaust control. The following are some points in which this particular approach can help ease the harmful effects of exhaust fumes:
Minimize noise level
With the right design and installation of an exhaust pipe system, noise pollution could be reduced. A professional car servicing company like Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group can perform this important task in your car. There will also be an increase in noise levels if your car has a broken exhaust pipe, so you must take care of your car properly. And if such things occurred, go to your trusted car service provider for an immediate repair.
Direct exhaust is far from passengers
In order for passengers to be free from the direct exhaust, car exhausts were designed at the tail end of a car or raised high up to support its escape into the atmosphere. To ensure a more comfortable ride, you can ask a car service provider such as the Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group to identify if there’s any clogging or leaks in your car that might cause the exhaust to enter through the windows or holes in the chassis.
Enhance engine performance
Does your car have a reduced power and performance lately? One of the major reasons for this is a defective exhaust pipe since it decreases the ability of the engine to maximize its burning capability. Because of the inefficient disposal of the waste gases caused by the combustion process, a large percentage of an engine's power is lost. Simply imagine having a sinusitis which prevents you from breathing out the carbon dioxide from your lungs, that’s what it seems like. What we release from our bodies is as important as what we consume, same with cars.
Betters fuel consumption
A proper exhaust control can also result in more efficient fuel consumption since this process needs proper burning. On the other hand, a reduced car mileage is due to a defective exhaust system. Aside from polluting the environment, you’re also burning your money with a faulty exhaust pipe system.
Each of us needs to protect our environment, and to maintain a healthy atmosphere, Tyre&Auto Southbourne Group suggests that each individual, especially car owners, must hold responsibility in controlling the quantity and the quality of exhaust fumes.
The Mossack Fonseca Group applied corporate governance in their firm to provide confidence and security to their clients regarding protecting their assets through the years. The firms don’t stop in improving their processes and utilizing the best technological tools in the market to have a better service for their clients. It has adopted a Business Management System that assures that the firm will continue to follow all ethical standards and the best legal practices.
The firm is eager to ensure the long-term success of its clients as a global corporation with a well-organized corporate government. The corporate governance structure helps to reduce costs, avoid risks and identify problems and strategic opportunities.
The Mossack Fonseca Group is proud to have highly dedicated lawyers. Each of them graduated with honors from different universities in Panama and abroad and has a master's and doctoral degree as well as vast experience in various legal issues.
The top feature of Mossack Fonseca Group is its decades of experience in business. In particular, it has 39 years of extensive experience and will continue to deliver excellent service to their clients. The firm's Panama Head Office has 24-hour service; and you can find their office in every continent, which proves their powerful international network. Its staff a member is consists of more than 500 experts around the world and all of them were service and research-oriented professionals. It's also the first ISO 9001 certified law firm in Panama and continues to follow strict due diligence requirements. It acquires "VeriSign" encryption and Central Bank standards for a secure technology platform. They're also motivated specialists seeking solutions for changing business environments. Their client considers their exclusive client portal as a beneficial treat.
You can have a peace of mind with the Mossack Fonseca & Co.'s client portal because it is 100% safe. They hold all their servers in-house to provide the most secure and latest protection available to their clients. The firm joined numerous companies and banks who depend on Verisign to keep their clients' information protected because it is considered the strongest encryption available with the most rigorous authentication standards in the world.
Along with those discussed above, the Mossack Fonseca Group will continue to provide top-notching services. You can visit their official website to have a better understanding of their firm.
Nuestros colegas de Mossack Fonseca Colombia estuvieron en el evento en Medellín, donde asistieron 350 personas de los gremios en temas tributarios mas importantes del pais como son los contadores, revisores fiscales y abogados tributarios organizada por la la Dirección de Impuestos y Aduanas Nacionales (DIAN).
Fundada en 1977, el grupo de Mossack Fonseca es una empresa global que proporciona servicios de contabilidad, fideicomiso y legal integral.
Con más de 500 miembros en cada continente, grupo Mossack Fonseca ofrece excelentes servicios basados en más de 35 años de experiencia. Como parte de su valor añadido, el grupo ofrece asesoramiento personalizado y una experiencia en línea de clase mundial a través de un Portal virtual del cliente que está disponible 24 horas al día. Nuestra aplicación cliente información Portal web permite a los clientes de las empresas en línea, verificar el estado de las empresas y pagar las facturas, además de otras transacciones.
54th street, Marbella
Panamá, República de Panamá
Tel: (507) 205.5888
Sitio web: http://www.mossfon.com/
The Ducati Monster 796 ABS offers a perfect mix between sports performances, dynamic design and daily riding pleasure. The 796 is situated between the 696 and 1100 models and combines the comfort of the first with the sportiness of the second. This bike is beautiful, ready to ride, and in great condition.
Engine - L-twin cylinder, 2 valves per cylinder, Desmodromic
Bore And Stroke - 88 x 66 mm
Compression Ratio - 11:1
Induction - Electronic fuel injection, 45 mm throttle body
Ignition - Digital
Transmission - 6-speed
Final Drive - Chain; front sprocket 15; rear sprocket 39
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Tire - Pirelli Diablo Rosso 120/70 ZR17
Rear Tire - Pirelli Diablo Rosso 180/55 ZR17
Wheelbase - 57.1 in. (1,450 mm)
Curb Weight - 369.00 lbs
Available Colors - Diamond Black Silk
As California Permanente physicians, we have a lot to be proud of.
Our physician-led mode of practice. Our partnership with patients. Our proven clinical excellence and nationally recognized quality leadership.
When health care legislation is debated, we want the best chance of a good outcome.
That is why The Permanente Medical Group and the Southern California Permanente Medical Group created California Permanente Medical Groups (CAPMG) political action committee.
CAPMG is our political arm. Our job is to help elect lawmakers who understand and share our values.
On behalf of CAPMG Steering Committee — This is our pledge.
Like you, we are passionate about our goals and optimistic about our success.
Kaiser’s summer internship program gives high school students a chance to see if medical field is right for them
Valley High School senior Faith Allison thought she was interested in cardiology when she started a paid internship at Kaiser Permanente’s South Sacramento Medical Center this summer, but she liked the variety she saw in trauma.
Luther Burbank graduate Melany Caldera figured “you can’t go wrong with health care,” but she got dizzy every time she saw blood. Human resources, she likes.
The idea behind the Kaiser internship program is to give underrepresented and low-income students a close-up view of the career promise of health care before they make a career choice. A comprehensive program that focuses on careers in demand, it can also serve as a pipeline for future Kaiser employees.
“It’s really important for people who have an interest to see their destination before they begin their journey,” said Dr. Richard Isaacs, physician-in-chief at Kaiser’s South Sacramento hospital. “Our hope is they will go back to their own community with a better idea of what they can and want to do.”
The Summer Youth Employment Program is one of the community benefits Kaiser offers in exchange for tax-exempt status. There are 215 participants in Northern California this summer, about 30 in the Sacramento area.
Eleven high-achieving students were selected from 150 applicants for internships at Kaiser South Sacramento.
The full-time program runs for eight weeks. Students do workshops, projects and rotations in departments, meet weekly to share information — and get paid $8 an hour at a time when many high school students have trouble getting a job.
Other local health systems offer internship programs for high school students, too. But most are unpaid.
“Any organized professional experience we can expose young people to — and high school seems to be the focus now — can pique interest in and provide direction for college and medical school,” said Scott Seamons, regional vice president of the Hospital Council of Northern and Central California.
A lot of exposure’
Karima Ziyarmal, now 23, was a 2006 summer intern at Kaiser’s South Sacramento hospital.